PIDS 2022 Rules and Registration =START HERE= VIDEOS UP! Apr 30, 2022 23:31:06 GMT -5
Post by Nickle4aPickle on Apr 30, 2022 23:31:06 GMT -5
Pop Idol Dance Showcase 2022 Event Details
The Pop Idol Dance Showcase - or PIDS for short - is a dance recital made up entirely of Asian Pop Music! If you or your friends are looking for a stage to perform a dance cover of your favorite song, then PIDS welcomes you!
To Watch the Pop Idol Dance Showcase
We are tentatively scheduled for 11AM -1PM in the Toronto Congress Center (TCC) North Building (650 Dixon Rd, Etobicoke, ON M9W 1J1) on Sunday, July 17, 2022. You are required to have a valid Anime North convention badge for Sunday to watch and participate in the event.
To Participate in the Pop Idol Dance Showcase
*** NOTE: All times are tentative and subject to scheduling changes. The final schedule for July 16/17 will be confirmed with all registered participants the week of the convention. ***
Each person can only perform once in PIDS 2022. We are not facilitating the formation of public routines - participants can form their own groups prior to registering for the event, or opt to perform solo. Please note that these are not permanent changes to PIDS.
As an official Anime North event, the Convention Policies apply.
Participants 13 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. As per Convention policies (Convention Policies > General Policies > Legal Issues), parents/guardians are responsible for the well-being and behaviour of all children under their care. Parents/guardians do not have to perform with the participant. However, they must be there to sign the participant into PIDS and be at PIDS for the duration of the event.
- Before submitting Registration Forms, a representative of each group (or solo performer) will post the name of the dance they intend to perform in this thread here. This is meant to prevent duplicate performances. Please refrain from editing your post once it has been made.
- Each dance routine will submit a Registration Form to register for the event. Only one form is required per dance routine, regardless of the number of dancers.
The Registration Form will ask for the following information:
>>> Registration Form <<<
After reviewing your registration form, confirming that the details are proper and verifying you/group representative has posted in PIDS 2022 - Post here BEFORE Registering, either Miliyah or Nickle will update the Approved Routines GDoc in the first post there. We'll also be sending out a copy of the completed form for those registering as a group as a means for you to individually verify if your information has been submitted properly.
* NEW *Those who have submitted their registration form before the deadline extension will not be bumped out of the event if there is a major influx of registration forms during the extension period. These people will still be contacted shortly after the 3rd for confirmation. Forms that come in during the extension period (after July 3rd, before July 11th) will be approved and notified to perform at the event on a first-come first serve basis, regardless of of the genre they are performing, or the number of participants performing. The setlist for the event will be released no later than July 14, 2022. If you/your group is unable to perform at the event, please notify us as soon as possible.
PIDS has a limit of 1 hour and 20 minutes of music playback. As such, we may have to cap entries if we exceed this time. Provided there aren’t any issues with your Registration Form, groups will be approved on a first-come, first-served basis. When registration closes, the performance priority will be as follows:
- The waitlisted private routines from the 2020 event
- Japanese music, including Japanese cultural dances
- Other Asian languages (KPop, CPop, etc. English releases from Asian groups primarily based in Asia also fall in this category)
- Solo performances
Remix and mashup audio will also be prioritized in accordance with the above. The language with the longest total duration in the remix/mashup will determine the routine's priority.
Clarification on being both first-come, first-served and having a priority list: within each category from the bullet points above, it is first-come, first-served for routines. The categories themselves are what we are prioritizing.
* NEW * Forms that come in after the 3rd will be approved to perform at the event on a first-come first serve basis, regardless of of the genre they are performing, or the number of participants performing.
- Groups will lose their spot on the priority list if a new member is added/subbed into the group. If you would like to follow through with this, please send us an email first.
- You/your group will forfeit your spot on the priority list if you choose to change your song. If you would like to follow through with this, please send us an email first.
On the day of the event, all participants must sign in at the green room entrance.
Participants 13 and under must be signed in by their parent/guardian.
By signing in, participants agree to abide by the rules and code of conduct for this event.
Individuals who do not sign in will not be allowed on stage.
- Groups will be capped to a maximum of 9 on stage at any given point in time due to spacing concerns. Depending on the dance, we reserve the right to reduce the amount of people on stage if there is a safety risk.
- Certain stage protocols outlined by the Masquerade event apply – notably, no messy substances or flagrant nudity is allowed on stage. All props being used for performances must be sourced and handled by yourselves and approved in advance.
- No song shall be performed more than once.
- Each routine may be 2 to 6 minutes long.
- Songs or dances with an 18+ rating are not allowed, as PIDS is an all-ages event. Clean versions are allowed, as well as songs with a 13+ rating, but are subject to consideration on a case-by-case basis.
- All performances must be confined to the stage area. The designated stage entrances and exits must be used. No jumping off the stage will be permitted. Please do not invite the audience onto the stage to dance with you.
- Only participants registered for the event are allowed in the green room and backstage area. If you need someone with you who is not performing at the event, please contact us first to make arrangements.
- As of April 22, 2022, the con is asking all attendees to be masked and vaccinated at the con. As such, masks are required for use backstage and while performing. Please note that the convention policy on this matter is subject to change.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- If practicing your dance, please do so away from doors and entrances. Leave lots of room for people to pass.
- If you need a drink or a snack, please step at least 6 feet away from others first.
Forum DMs: Nickle, Miliyah
You can also post in the Official Anime North Discord, using the PIDS-general channel. Nickle and Miliyah have red Staff names there.
These are the best ways to get ahold of us! You can also DM us on Instagram, but if we're not following you, your message will get sorted into "message requests," and may go unseen.
(Note: As Event Co-Ordinators/Mods, Nickle4aPickle and miliyah reserve the right to change, delete, or add information to this post and to the event. The mods reserve the right to veto proposals, and reserve the right to remove anyone from the event on the basis of taste, danger to the audience or other participants, disregard for the PIDS Rules and Regulations or for any other reason deemed sufficient. We strive for event transparency in our thought processes, organization and decision-making, and we will do our due-diligence to inform everyone of any outstanding changes if necessary.)