I'll probably just hang on to my remaining stuff (only about a small box full) until next year. I'm not in any sort of rush to get rid of the rest of it. My friend has stuff she'd like to sell next year, so I'll probably try to split a table with her.
Post by laughingman on May 26, 2013 22:58:59 GMT -5
Of the 16 figures I was selling, came home with 5... the very same 5 I was 50/50 on wanting to sell, so I'm very pleased that the girls get to stay in my display case. They're going nowhere <3 I sold about 80% of my anime... the remaining 20% I dunno what I'll do with it. Some I might put back into my collection, the others I'll likely donate to my anime club.
Outside that, sold 95% of everything else I brought, so I'm more than pleased. Whopping success at just under $1800 ^^ couldn't have hoped for better.
I sold most of my stuff too, save for a few games and some random DVD + manga volumes. I actually ended up not bringing everything on my list this year for the sake of convenience in transportation (already the suitcase I lugged across Toronto transit was just killing my back unfortunately). I didn't really think my random DVD volumes'll sell since they weren't picked up a lot, so I might just end up donating them to my local library or something. Some cosplays though I might just bring next year to Nomi if we're able to get a table (likely our same group of 3 people, likely less merchandise. I assume, anyways).
But a huge majority was sold, so I honestly thank everyone with a deep gratitude because I got to transit home with a suitcase SEVERELY lighter in weight by the end. C':
Post by darkinsanity13 on May 27, 2013 15:13:46 GMT -5
I sold the majority of my things so now pretty much all of it fits into a small box, which makes me happy for storage reasons. They - along with the blind-box mini figures I bought Saturday attempting to get particular characters (only succeeded in getting one) - can wait until November, where I plan on going to a small con in Ottawa that happens to have a Nominoichi as well, though I may try to sell the figures to people online before that since I have an idea of where to advertise them.
If storage space is still an issue, you could organize a Nominoichi-like garage sale at some point during the summer. Something like that was held in Ottawa, where people were encouraged to bring their own tables/blankets and sell their stuff. I unfortunately didn't get the chance to go so I'm not entirely sure how it worked out, but it'd be something for those in the Toronto area who aren't willing to wait until next year to sell their stuff again.
Like most of everyone, I'm probably going to just keep my remaining ware and sell them at the next Nomi. I might try Kijiji, but depending on the items, pick-up only might be the only option since it isn't worth the travel time or distance.
I saw that and checked it out right when I got home. Seems to be a new website as the posting count is very, very low.
Though for us it sounds like a nice idea, I expect it to die very quickly. A whole kijiji-styled website for only anime will not have enough traffic flow or interest to make it a viable option for finding and selling items.
This is exactly the kind of stuff I was hoping to spread here.
darkinsanity13: This small organized gathering / sale in Ottawa is intriguing - I would be interested in where/how the word was spread for that event. It's a neat idea.
Also keep the mentions of other cons with sales coming too.
I think AN's Nominoichi is one of the best opportunities out there, but it never hurts to share other options. Especially niche market options. Know a good place for manga? Or for wallscrolls, figures, games, Japanese items?
Lets make this thread a resource.
Incidentally, anyone know what happened to proboards all of a sudden? Karma is gone, new look, editor changes... Odd timing just after the con. Probably just coincidental...
Last Edit: May 29, 2013 19:50:02 GMT -5 by kuma133: Edit "@"